Still possible to have hiv

I started having sex with a new partner in august 2012, I was tested for every STD in October and was positive for chlamydia, I was retested just for chlamydia in November and it came back negative. I was having a few symptoms of Hiv so I was retested for everything in February 2013. Everything came back negative. Can I be certain that I don't have Hiv...I still have the same sex partner.

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there- Unfortunately I can't fully respond to your question, since your HIV status is dependent on the HIV status of your current partner. If you and your partner are only having sex with each other and have been since your started having sex in august then your test in feb would be accurate. If your partner has had other partners than he/she could have infected you at any point since you started having sex and so you would need to test 90 days after your last sex to be conclusively negative. Hope that helps.

LHW

Question about anal sex
Anal sex