dna by pcr test
Mar 21, 2013
I messed up and slept with a prostitute. A condom was worn correctly. Ive been paranoid that i could have gotten something like hiv. I took a dna by pcr test 4 days after the exposure. They told me it is 97% effective after 3 days. Do i need to worry anymore? As far as i know the prostiitue is not aware of any std.
Response from Mr. Cordova
The condom effectively protected you against HIV. I would not have suggested a test for this incident. The PCR DNA test is accurate much earlier, but a conclusive negative result is only given at 90 days with an antibody or Western Blot.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Will A Z Pack Get Rid Of Chlamydia?
- What To Do If You Think Your Boyfriend Has Herpes?
- What Is The Difference Between Canker Sores And Herpes?
- What Foods To Avoid If You Have Shingles?
- What Can You Take After You Have Shingles To Keep From Getting It Again?
- How Can You Tell The Difference Between Zit And Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.