Advanced Symptoms

I am a gay male who had unprotected anal sex with another man whose HIV status is unknown.

I developed all the classic ARS symptoms starting 3 weeks after the exposure. My symptoms included loss of appetite, weight loss, fatigue, maculopapular rash on my upper arms and stomach, oral lesions, white gums, and thrush. The flu-like symptoms lasted about a week; however, the white gums, thrush, and rash are still present over 5 months later.

I had negative PCR DNA tests at 23 and 145 days, and negative EIAs at 14, 66, 86, 121, and 145 days.

Due to condition and the nature of my symptoms should I continue testing or can I consider myself negative? The chronic oral thush and rash on my upper arms have me concerned.

I appreciate your answer.

I am assuming you mean you had RNA PCR testing done, as opposed to DNA PCR. Also, one would want to be sure your EIA tests for antibodies to HIV-1 and HIV-2 (they typically do). If so, you are very HIV negative and need no further testing. I hope you were tested for syphilis and HBV and HCV.

About the ag/ab 4th generation test
16 year old Teenager and Confuse