Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Did I have a HIV risk, and can you explain why I'm feeling like this?
Mar 20, 2013

Hi there, almost 4 weeks ago now I went on holiday and had an encounter with a legal sex worker. She gave me a body to body massage, and went on to put on a condom and give me oral sex, she then got on top, followed by me getting on top. At this point I went slightly soft, but the condom remained on. She then went on to give me a handjob with the condom on, at this point the condom ripped. She continued to give me a handjob after removing the ripped condom. Was I at risk of HIV transmission, is it possible the HIV virus entered the condom while I went slightly soft, also when the condom ripped, the vaginal fluids could have then infected me.

I have also been experiencing various symptoms, such as muscle and joint pain, a mild sore throat, pressure on my throat, headaches, sleepless nights, and waking up early.

Please can you give me advice, I look forward from hearing from you.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

The condom protected you from HIV during the incident of vaginal sex. Oral sex is a low risk activity. Overall, I do not think you need to be concerned. I do not think you need to test.

In health,

Richard

Previous
HIV transmission from open cut
Next
hiv

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.