Transmission risk

I live in Sydney Australian and went to hospital for surgery on my finger. The nurse bagged up my hand so I could have a shower and gave me two towels. When I got out of the shower I noticed that one towel had stains on it which looked like dry blood. I used the other towel instead. I saw the nurse get them from the clean cupboard My worry is if there was dry blood on the other towel and I dried myself with it am I at risk? I have really bad eczema that bleeds at times and not sure if o was bleed at time but had scabs. I'm a bit freaked out as I have read that Hepc can live for times dry outside the body. I work in the city so I see the amount of drugs and know of the high incidence in the area.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You are correct: Unlike HIV, Hepatitis C can live in dried blood. Even if it was a blood stain, the towel would have gone through the wash, effectively killing anything on the towel. I would not be concerned. I do not think you were at risk in this situation.

In health,

Richard

i am worried
HELP!! Very scared!!! please!!! dont ignore! :(