protected sex with a high HIV risk category person

Hi Doctor,

I had 2 instances of protected sex with a sex worker in first week of Jan 2013.

Act One: a) Used condom, it did not fail and as far as I understand, was properly used - it was worn down until the bottom of penis with 3-4 cms of penis uncovered at bottom. Do you consider it properly used or was the exposed part (3-4 cms at bottom) at risk of catching the HIV.

b) Performed oral on her vagina for like 3 seconds.

Act Two: c) Performed vaginal intercourse with wearing a condom. Condom did not fail. However, during the act, condom got dry, I took it off with my bare hands and wore another condom with my hands.

Would you please help me understand if I am at risk of catching the HIV through any or all of the 3 acts; a, b and c?

Many Thanks Doctor! An idiot and very worried guy ..

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I do not think you need to be concerned. Protected vaginal sex and unprotected oral sex are not high-risk activities. Touching the condom with your bare hands did not put you at risk.

I do not think you need to test for this incident.

In health,

Richard

can i get hiv from unsterilized douche?
Giving Oral Sex HIV risk.