Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

can i get hiv from unsterilized douche?
Mar 20, 2013

i am scared that i might have hiv!but i dont have any symptoms so far!im 19 and i am healthy!i accidentally developed a habit of douching with unsterilized water!can i get hiv from it?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

HIV is not transmitted this way. HIV is transmitted between humans. You can not catch HIV from an enema bottle. Even if you used the enema bottle right after someone who was HIV positive, transmission would be unlikely. HIV does not live well outside of the human body. The moment it leaves the body it starts to die. The moment it starts to die, its ability to infect another human being starts to diminish.

In health,

Richard

Previous
mutual masterbation HIV risk
Next
protected sex with a high HIV risk category person

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.