The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

What's my risk of being HIV infected

Mar 20, 2013

A couple of days ago I had unprotected sex in a sauna. I don't know if the guy was HIV positive but the chanches are high I think because he seemed like he went to that sauna a lot. I sucked him off for a minute or so, but there was no cum. Then I topped him. I didn't came inside him, but while I was cumming he put my dick back in his ass. It was my first time so I know I didn't have any STD's at the time I had the sex.

What are my risks of having HIV now?

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

Fortunately, as the insertive partner your risk was much lower. If your partner wanted you to ejaculate inside of him, it's likely that he is letting others do this as well. Letting someone ejaculate inside of you is a sure-fire way of acquiring HIV. Again, as the insertive partner, it was unlikely that transmission occurred during this one-time occurrence.

You can test at 90 days to be certain, or just wait until your next regularly scheduled round of STD screening, including HIV. I encourage anyone who is sexually active to be tested for all STD's including HIV at least once a year, and preferably every six months.

In the future, understand that using a condom for each and every act of penetrative sex is one of the best ways to protect yourself against HIV and many other STD's.

In health,


Extremely worried I may have HIV - please help
Bachelor party mistake - Am I (and future wife) at risk?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint