Got tested and came back negative but have symtoms

Hi, I'm asking my question from South Africa. I had an exposure to a hiv positive persons blood. The blood came into contact with my hand on intact skin on my finger, I only noticed the blood later once it had dried. I may have picked my nose in the time before realizing I had the blood on my hand. My doctor put me on combivir as pep. 2 weeks after completing pep and therefor 45 days after exposure I got the hiv1 pcr quantitative test done and result was negative. After extreme anxiety and stress I am not showing sign of infection with sore ears and throat and swollen lymphnodes infront of my ears. Could I be infected with hiv? Are the symtoms something to worry about or could it just be by coincidence? Must I retest at 90 days? Thank you for all you do as info in S.A is limited

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

I do not think you need to retest. The risk of transmission was extremely low. Intact skin is an effective barrier against HIV.

In health,

Richard

Fingering, Precum, Frottage Please Help
Extremely worried I may have HIV - please help