PEP medications

Well I was on Altripla for the first pill after 17 hours of possible exposure. I got it from a doctor who I thought was a little unknowledgeable about PEP. After that first pill I was in dizzy heaven, like after being on a very dizzy ride for like 2 hours, settled down and next day just felt light headed and out of sorts... I decided to go to the bigger hospital and they said Altripla can work but they said using a combiantion of Truvada ( 1 pill a day) and Aluvia 4 pills taken every 12 hours was a better way to go so I switched over. Do the experts agree here on that?

Response from Dr. Hightow-Weidman

Hello there Either regimen would be fine and appropriate for PEP. Both are three drug regimens that are effective in treating HIV infected persons and would be effective as PEP agents as well. The key is having started them within 72 hours and continuing for the full 28 days. Take care LHW

Transmission of HIV through boxing gloves
?needlestick