Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

am i at risk .....?
Mar 17, 2013

Hi,before 7 days I have take hair city in local saloon ,before I am cutting the barber uncle was saving a man with a blade..after finishing that he cut my hair and saving with the same blade..as he doesn't,change the blade I am afraid...and more over there is no cut or bleeding on my body...so my question is that from this can I infect from hiv.as my xam is near I cant concentrate on my study pliz help me...

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Getting HIV in this manner is not a viable way for HIV transmission to occur. HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect. So if there were any blood on the razor and the person prior to you is living with HIV enough time elapsed for the risk to not be there. Also there would have to be a significant amount of blood on the razor.

So again, getting HIV through this manner is not possible.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
HIV possible infection
Next
Am i at risk? Plz reply thank you very much

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.