|not sure if am hiv positive
Mar 17, 2013
H! If u have sex with a guy who u think is HIV postive but u have protected sex with him. And after 3 months your body starts shaking and when you luk at yourself on the mirror you think you HIV, does that mean a person is HIV?
| Response from Ms. Southall
HI HIV transmission is reduced dramatically when it is protected. Shaking and how you look in the mirror are not tell tale signs of HIV. The only way to truly know your status is to get tested. If it has been 3 months and there have been no other exposures you can go in for a test and get conclusive results.
But again, since the sex was protected the risk is very small for transmission.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Had Hepatitis B Vaccine Can You Still Get Hepatitis B
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.