Can My child be infected

my brother in law was just recently diagnosed with aids. Prior to our knowledge of this he prepared meals at our house where he lived and also im not positive he didnt bite food before feeding my child. my question is does my child who is now 15 months old need to be tested or is this even a risk? Im really worried about the biting off food and feeding it to my child part. It really scares me to think my baby may need tested pls helpe

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is absolutely no risk for HIV from what you're describing. In fact, this type of question has been asked repeatedly and can be found throughout our archive.

HIV can only be transmitted through a body fluid carrying HIV (blood, semen, breast milk, or vaginal fluids) coming out of someone's body and going immediately/directly inside of another person's body. All of this needs to happen. In the case you're describing, none of this happened.

Let me be upfront, seeing as your brother-in-law was just diagnosed with HIV/AIDS.. He's the one that needs support here not unfounded suspicion.

I applaud you for reaching out to get more information, so keep in mind that the whole of our archives is at your disposal. We also have tons of fact sheets.

Hope all this helps..

Erik

how do i get air bubbles out of the condom
Do i have hiv or herpes ?