Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Strangers blood on my boxers, is it an hiv risk?
Mar 16, 2013

experts please help. I was having sex with a stranger, i used protection the whole time, 2 minutes since we began to have sex she got her period... she got off me, i took off the condom, put my boxers on, then i took them off 15 seconds later when i realized theres was blood on them. Not sure if my tip touched the blood on my boxer, but lets say it did and she was hiv positive could i get infected? Also i had precum on my penis, would that put me more at risk?

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your question,

First off, if the blood is in the fabric of your boxers there would have to be a significant amount for it to drip off and on to your penis head (with enough to get inside. That's the primary problem with what you're talking about.

If you want to get technical, sure, there's a chance that all that you're talking about actually happened. What I'm saying is that it's terribly unlikely.

If this is something that you're finding hard to shake, by all means feel free to get an HIV test after 3 months.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
contracting hepatitis from shoe
Next
Can I have contracted HEP C from my mom?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.