contracting hepatitis from shoe

if you step on dried blood, can hepatitis be carried on the bottom of your shoe? My friends and i were somewhere where there was dried blood on the floor and 'm almost positive that some of us stepped on it. I tend to be somewhat OCD about things like this. So is there any possible risk of getting hepatitis in this situation?

Response from Mr. Glenn

There is no risk from this.

We've answered questions identical to this before which explain the reasons why there isn't any risk. You can find reference to them in our archives.

I'd like to encourage you to devote your energy to developing the skills to manage these "OCD" feelings. In many places, there are community mental health services that can help with this. Since you're online asking this question, try out a search to find services if you don't have them already.

Hope this helps,

Erik

hiv and hpv
Strangers blood on my boxers, is it an hiv risk?