Oral Vaginal Sex

Hi I recently had recently went down on a girl that i picked up at the bar. I was only down on her for about a minute or two. I was wondering is it possible to get hiv for such a short time because now a few days later I feel tired and dizzy and my throat is a little sore. Is hiv a possiblity

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your questions,

First off, symptoms are never a good way to know if someone has HIV or not. Besides, the things you were feeling are so general that they could be caused by literally dozens of things.

Oral sex (when your mouth was on her vagina) is considered very low risk for HIV. That's because the mouth is really not a good way to get or give HIV.

However, oral sex can be much higher risk for other STDs. When you add all this together, it's going to be important for you to be tested for both HIV and other STDs (this is what we recommend for all sexually active people).

Hope this helps!

Erik

hiv infection
My risk of hiv or other stds