Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv infection
Mar 16, 2013

One week ago i met a Ukranian nurse,i had fingered her for a minute or more,then she performed oral sex on me for a long time without protection,then we had sex two times with condom on ,my questions are..first:i had a wound in my finger 72 hours before,so could i get HIV by fingering her,the second question,the first time we had sex i noticed that the condom slipped off and i found it benath her,so could i be infected because some of her vaginal fluids touched my penis or may be it was inside her pussy...the thung is that i confirmed from her about her status and she confirmed that she had a test at the end of january and it came negative and she does this test regularly because she is not able to renew her contract unless she is hiv and hepatitis b negativemshe works for a governmental hospital,but she said that she had sex with another Ukranian doctor who works with her last month and again she knows that he was hiv negative due to the same reason...please advise me ,i am so scared ..

Response from Mr. Glenn

Thanks for your questions,

There is no risk of HIV from fingering her because after 72 hrs you did not have a fresh open wound on your finger.

There is extremely low risk from the unprotected oral sex that you had with her.

As for the condom slipping off, that's difficult for me to answer since I wasn't there and don't know exactly what happened. Let me put it to you this way though:

If you merely got a little bit of vaginal fluid rubbed against the head of your penis, that's not really risky (because you didn't get the fluid up inside your penis). If you were having sex with her (your penis inside her vagina) without the condom on because you didn't notice, that would be considered a significant risk for HIV.

However, all that being said, it's a great thing that you all had a conversation about it.. that's helpful (although more helpful before having sex).

To ease your mind and take care of these unanswered questions, I would recommend getting tested for HIV and other STDs just to make sure of your status (at three months after this sexual episode). That way you can definitely put all this behind you.

Hope this helps!

Erik

Previous
CAN A DOG GET HIV FROM A MONKEY BITE
Next
Oral Vaginal Sex

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.