White Patches and HIV

Dear Dr. I am male and sexually gay and bottom, I am always having safe sex, I got NAAT tested at 11/17/2012 and again 2/16/2013 for the past months and the results were Negative every time. On the 2/17/2013 I had anal sex with a male, after 4 weeks I saw white patches inside my mouth on the tensile, the same day mens wellness center' s Doctor visited me and he said I have infection then I had a Penicillin shot by the doctor prescription (Coworkers mostly they got cold), Now I would like to know after 4 weeks having sex even safe with condom that symptoms in my mouth may be a HIV sign? Generally how long takes that HIV signs appear? is it possible after 4 weeks to see the signs? or more? I should add that my sex friend who I have been with hm 3 times, he said that he came but when he took off his foreskin which covered by condom I didn't see any cum inside the condom. I am thinking that he might bluffing!!!

Sincerely

If your partner was indeed using a condom ,there would not be a risk here. IF he is bluffing, there would, of course, be a concern were he to be HIV+.

As to your question regarding symptoms of acute HIV infection, this develops within a few weeks of acquisition of HIV. Most who develop symptoms experience those similar to a flu. Rash may occur. Rarely, opportunistic infections occur during acute infection but this is very rare.

Thrush is something that many, including health care providers, mis-diagnose. Many of us have coated tongues and may have some white patches of some sort or another on the shiny surfaces of our mouths. When we feel we have been placed at risk for HIV we crane our necks and look in the mirror. What we see has always been there but now that we are worried and anxious we think these are new and spell doom.

A note, antibiotics can cause thrush.

In your case, I recommend you get another HIV test (bring your partner).

Dra shannon please answer this quiestion PLEASEE!!!
Will i be infected if infected vaginal cum touches my penis tip.