Dra shannon please answer this quiestion PLEASEE!!!

Hi dra shannon, i have a very big confuse and im very scared and with a lot of stress, im a man and i have sex with a person that with vih situation uknown, so i wait and i do an elisa exam that detecta antibodies 1/2 at the 105 days, well if you imagine i was very but very happy, most best felling in my life, but in my paper of results says that i have to repeat that exam every 3 months, so i call the lab and they said to me that i have to do exams for almost one year!!!!!, i ask them what generation was and they said to me that they dont know about generations and that the exam was SERODIA, i was searching about serodia and said that is very specific but no have much sensitive, i was very scared and i see in a page that a doctor said that that exam is not confirmatory, i see that said something about gellysh metodo ( sorry about my english, im from colombia ) and i dont know what that means, please answer this quiestion and said to me if that exam at the 105 days is conclusive and im free of vih, PD: i only do 1 exam, is that fine or i have to do another? GOD BLESS YOU DRA SHANNON

Hi The guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure then again at 3 months or 90 days. If there were no other exposures during this time then the results are conclusive. With your results at 105 days being negative and again if there have been no other exposures you are HIV free.

possible hiv infection?
White Patches and HIV