Mar 15, 2013
Hi Shannon , I have read many responses where you say a 90 day antibody test is conclusive , when is an rna pcr (combined with an antibody test) considered conclusive ? Thank you
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi What I have worked with and recommended for folks who feel their risk was extremely high was to get both the HIV test and the PCR and get the HIV test at 90 days. This just is to ensure that the person is negative or positive.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Warning Signs Of Neuropathy In Hands
- What Medication Is Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What Is The Best Over The Counter Medicine For Chlamydia?
- What Happens If Bacterial Vaginosis Is Not Treated?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Does Herpes Around The Anus Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.