Really!?!? My doctor right!?!?

He says I have to test for hiv for a year!!! I read the guidelines on here and another site say three months is totally conclusive. I've tested three times till after 6 months for hiv and all other stds. Hiv tests where 1/2 antibody Elisa's. I had unprotected vaginsl sex with a drug takin girl that I dry kingly met at a bar and knew nothing about her!!! I'm terrified! Can I still have hiv due to my symptoms and three negative hiv tests? Is my doctor right!? Because after I got my 6 month negative back I resumed unprotected sex with my partner thinking I was completely fine. :( :( :( oh no!!!

Hi The testing guidelines have been changing over the last several years due science enhancing testing all the time. At one point it was a year and then brought down to 6 months and now is 3 and there is work on a test that is one month.

followup
Bite... Zombie or HIV?