Mar 14, 2013
So a toothbrush with visible blood on it would not be able to infect if it had been left alone for 3-5 minutes
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi HIV no, other blood borne pathogens possibly, such as Hepatitis C. But HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and unable to infect.
Be well Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- I Am Hiv Postive I Feel Tired All The Time
- When Does Leukoplakia Show Up In Hiv?
- How Much Blood Must Be Transmitted In Order To Get Hiv?
- What Percent Of People Have Herpes?
- What Can Cause A False Positive For Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.