Anal bleeding hiv.

Last night I hooked up with a guy Ive been knowing for a year, at first we started with protected anal for about five minutes but this was my first time doing anal and it hurt so bad I made him stop so he took off the condom and we did frottage where he rubbed his penis around my anus not penetrating me. I was fine until I got home a wiped my anus and I saw blood. Did I put myself at a high risk for HIV and should I get put on pep? Please help.

Hi The first thing would be to ask if he knows his status. The receptive partner does carry the higher risk, wearing a condom obviously is the best way to protect yourself. Frottage does not carry a high risk but because you were bleeding you did have some open areas for HIV to transmit, HIV Is present in pre cum and did he ejaculate? I would recommend talking to a health care provider and get on a testing schedule. Your risk is relatively small but there was a risk posed. The guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days and if no other exposures happened during this time the test is conclusive.

Worried on continuous symptoms
Tested negative with symptoms