I work at a day care was exposed to blood.

I was cleanin up the day care when a child got scratched I didnt realize he had a little bit of blood when I cleaned it off...after cleaning it I used a cream to apply it over it, when I applied it I did not see the blood so I applied it and was spread through my hand am I at any risk? if the child has anything..he is about to turn two.? I am worried can you please answer my question..

Hi If the child were to be HIV positive, the likelihood of HIV transmission occurring is very small. You would have to have a fresh open wound on your hand and there would have to be significant amount of blood present. HIV begins to die once it is outside of the body and is unable to infect. Anyone who works with a population where they have to work with possible wounds, such as day care, should use protection, wearing gloves etc...... Because you never know what you can be protecting you both from.

saliva...
Blood Exposure