Immediate Symptoms

I ask this question because I am a little unsure about the incubation time for inital 'sero-conversion' symptoms. There seems to be some variation between answers given by various members of the forums.

I stayed up until five in the morning last Friday and Saturday nights, studying.

On Sunday I went out with some friends for much of the day, during which it rained and we all got wet.

We went to a bar on Sunday evening and I left quite drunk. Later that evening I did something immeasurably stupid I had never, ever done before and paid a prostitute to give me oral sex. I used a condom she supplied.

I felt really bad about it and asked her to stop after a few minutes, without ejaculation and left to walk to a nearby train station.

I did my trousers up but kept the condom on until I got to the station toilets, where I removed it and flushed it away. As I removed it I noticed a thread of pre-cum connected to the rim of the condom. It may have been yellowish but I cannot be sure as the condom was also yellow.

When I got home about two hours later I felt dirty and ill and I showered. After I showered I was very worried I might have caught something and looked up STD's, particularly HIV. I stayed up until about 2.30 am.

On Monday, I spent most of the day working, and I also spent a lot of time looking up HIV. I did not eat until dinner except I had a small snack around 4pm. I felt really tired when I got in, and had little appetite, and I could only eat some chips about 6pm.

I went to bed about 7pm, and slept through until 11am Tuesday. When I woke up Tuesday I was really anxious and trembling, and had a temperature just under 100 C.

I also had slight discomfort / sore throat and slightly swollen, painful glands and a really uncomfortable stiff neck with sore muscles.

It is now Sunday again, and I have had the symptoms described above and a temperature ranging from 99 - 100 C since then. My neck and face feel very hot, and I have a lot of flem / mucous in my mouth.

I am in my early twenties.

Is this likely to be Acute Syndrome, and am I likely to be infected with HIV?

It is highly unlikely that you are experiencing symptoms of acute retroviral syndrome. It is feasible that someone could experience symptoms related to acute retroviral syndrome at any point during the window period (within 3 months), but most people develop ARS symptoms 2-4 weeks after infection. Please refer to "Approximate Timeline of Testing and Symptoms of HIV/AIDS" (http://www.thebody.com/sowadsky/timeline.html) for more information.

In terms of your risk, there are no wel-documented cases of people getting infected by receiving oral sex from another person, especially if the person receiving oral sex is wearing a condom or dental dam! Saliva is not implicated as a fluid that transmits HIV, even though HIV can be deteceted in the saliva of some infected people. Please read through "Are there any reported cases of getting HIV through receiving oral sex?" (http://thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/SafeSex/Archive/TransmissionSexual/Q9022.qna). You can also read through the CDC fact sheet, "What you should know about oral sex" (http://www.thebody.com/cdc/oralsex.html).

It sounds like you are experiencing some shame, and consequently some anxiety, about the encounter you had with a prostitute. Your symptoms (loss of appetite, sleeplessness, sore/tense muscles, trembling) are probably more attributable to anxiety than HIV infection. If you continue to feel concerned about HIV infection and you are not improving, I would suggest that you talk with a medical doctor, therapist, or psychiatrist about your situation.

RMK

I am in the trouble please help me! Thank you very much!
receving oral sex