saliva...

I have read through the answers to other questions on the forum regarding saliva...and still am having anxirty about a particular situation. Please help... I have one friend who is hiv+, and I try really hard to be educated and use reality instead of anxiety when certain things happen, however I jst can't shake this particular incident. We were talking the other day and I had my glasses off(I usually always have them on), I noticed that while she was talking she had spit fly out of her mouth and several drops landed on my face. The one I am most concerned about is the drop that i felt land in the corner of my eye(the corner closest to the nose). My concern is in the fact that the eye is a mucus membrane...please don't don't think my question is stupid I could really use your help and opinion...Could I have gotten hiv from her spit landing in my eye? Do I need to be tested?

Thank you for answering.

Hi I do not feel your question is stupid. Saliva however, does not pose a risk for HIV transmission. Now if it were blood that landed in your eye yes there could be a risk and that risk is even small, approximately 3%. But since your incident was just saliva there is no risk.

You are find from this experience,

kissing and testing after 6, 10 weeks
I work at a day care was exposed to blood.