Could this happen?

Can/could hiv be transmitted through abrasions/cuts on the skin that are one day old and not fully healed...if someone who is hiv+ touched them with blood on their fingers. Thank you in advance for your respoonse, I am very concerned and freaking out about these cuts onmy neck and blood from hairdresser who cut her finger while cutting my hair. She is hiv+ so this is why i am so worried. I have gone to her for a long time and this is first time anything like this has happened!

Again, Thank You!

HI The risk of HIV transmission this way carries an extremely low risk. Your cuts being a day old your body has already started healing and closing off to let outside germs in. Your hairdresser cutting herself there would need to be a significant amount of blood going directly into your cuts. That's the only way for HIV transmission to occur is with direct exchange of body fluid and your experience did not pose the risk. Also assuming she is in care and on treatment her viral load is most likely undetectable which means the risk of her transmission is reduced by up to 96%.

Oil and latex
What to trust?