I'm really worried

I had oral sex and protected sex with my girlfriend two weeks ago and I now have a cold and keep coughing (like a smokers cough) although im not a smoker, is it possible to have got HIV from her or is it just a common cold? The cold occurred 3 days after sex but is it too early am I HIV free?

Hi Protected sex is the best way to prevent HIV transmission. Oral sex carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission. Having the symptoms of your cold appear 3 days after sex is too soon for HIV symptoms. I would say that you picked up a cold. But if your symptoms continue I would recommend that you follow up your health care provider, there are other sexually transmitted infections beyond HIV to protect yourself against and/or you may have just picked up a cold. But from what you have described your risk of HIV transmission is very low.

homosexuality risks in relation ship
Just want to see if I understand