Canker Sore ARS

Hey Ms Southall,

Quick question, about three weeks after I had an "event" I developed a canker sore on the inside of my lip. I was wondering if this could be an ARS symptom? Or any of the other symptoms I developed three weeks post:

Nasal Congestion Slight Fever - 99.4 degrees Canker Sore Thrush? (White coating on back of tongue with red spots) Mild joint ache for maybe a day Headache

I know symptoms can't be used to diagnose HIV and only a test at 3 months can, but until I hit that 12 week mark I was just wondering if you could give me an opinion on whether these may be ARS related.

Thanks for your time

Hi Developing a canker sore is not symptom of HIV. You may have contracted another sexually transmitted infection. Not knowing what your "event" was it is hard to give you a lot of information. If it were just oral sex this carries the lowest risk of HIV transmission, if it were protected vaginal or anal sex this also decreases the risk, if it were sharing needles there is a higher risk involved here. So again not knowing what your event was it is difficult to give you the answer to your question regarding HIV transmission. The symptoms you are experiencing can be from a variety of different things and I would encourage you to see your healthcare provider for follow up.

Plz answer as soon as possible...
Is it possible i have Hiv through kissing and quick genital contact?