Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

opportunitic infection or regular flu
Mar 10, 2013

hello Shannon i was diagnosed in august 2012 with a t cell of 259 and viral load of 38000 and was immediately placed on complera.by february my t cell is 533 and viral load undetectable. i was diagnosed with HPV -cin1 wish am still contemplating on taking out the abnormal cells or hold on if they can disappear since my immune system is gettx stronger. also how can i tell if its regular fever, high temperature , stomach ache or may be its an opportunitistic infection

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting.

Seems like you're doing well on your HIV treatment.

Regarding your HPV, it's generally ok to monitor people (like you) with the lowest grade of PAP abnormality (CIN-1). Many cases will resolve spontaneously, and a follow up examination will help determine if any additional treatment is needed.

As to your other symptoms, I usually advise my patients to contact me if fever is over 101F (or if symptoms persist for more than a few days). It's tough to be specific about questions about the many opportunistic infections, but with your CD4 count well above 200 and suppressed virus, OIs would be very unlikely in your case.

Hope that helps, BY

Previous
Uncircumcised: oral sex.
Next
Dr shannon please answer this to me please

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.