opportunitic infection or regular flu

hello Shannon i was diagnosed in august 2012 with a t cell of 259 and viral load of 38000 and was immediately placed on complera.by february my t cell is 533 and viral load undetectable. i was diagnosed with HPV -cin1 wish am still contemplating on taking out the abnormal cells or hold on if they can disappear since my immune system is gettx stronger. also how can i tell if its regular fever, high temperature , stomach ache or may be its an opportunitistic infection

Hello and thanks for posting.

Seems like you're doing well on your HIV treatment.

Regarding your HPV, it's generally ok to monitor people (like you) with the lowest grade of PAP abnormality (CIN-1). Many cases will resolve spontaneously, and a follow up examination will help determine if any additional treatment is needed.

As to your other symptoms, I usually advise my patients to contact me if fever is over 101F (or if symptoms persist for more than a few days). It's tough to be specific about questions about the many opportunistic infections, but with your CD4 count well above 200 and suppressed virus, OIs would be very unlikely in your case.

Hope that helps, BY

Uncircumcised: oral sex.
Dr shannon please answer this to me please