Uncircumcised: oral sex.

Hello Mrs. Southall,

I have a question concerning uncircumcised male genitalia and oral sex, but before I pose my question please allow me to provide you with some background information concerning my recent "mistake." The recent "mistake" involved me receiving oral sex from a woman two weeks ago. I am uncircumcised and like an idiot, I neglected to use a condom during the episode. Before the espisode occurred I did not know the woman's HIV status, nor her status pertaining to other STDs. However I did talk with her at length a week after the episode, and she informed me that she had been tested for HIV, and other STDs two and a half weeks before and that her results came back negative. Of course I have no proof of that because I wasn't with her at the time, but I stated to her that I would take her word for it and not probe any further.

My concern is I believe that I have some form of herpes (acquired at birth) based on my recollection of a small trail of bumps on the side of my stomach as a pre-adolescent. The small trail of bumps eventually went away, and have never returned, but I do notice that have very small bumps clustered in certain areas underneath my foreskin, on the inside, that covers my penis. I have never experienced any "breakouts" on or around my genital area, nor have I ever experienced breakouts around, or inside of my mouth.

I did not have cuts, sores, or breaks in the skin or on my penis before the act occured; I did not notice any blood on my penis after the act, bleeding gums on her, or sores around the outside of her mouth or on her lips, but I did neglect to ask her anything about her oral hygiene.

The act only lasted two or three minutes. She was aware enough to where she did not have my orgasm in her mouth, but rather helped me finish by using a towel by way of wrapping it around my penis leading up to, and during my orgasm. Once I did return home I examined my penis by pulling back the foreskin, and I noticed a small area on the left side (tip) of my penis where a few small bumps had developed, but no broken skin causing bleeding. After noticing this I proceeded to wash my penis with soap and warm/semi-hot water. The bumps eventually went away that evening and have not returned, but nevertheless I am worried. So, now on to my question.

My question is could I have "theoretically" contracted HIV from this encounter given the details that I have provided? I have combed the Internet and have done a lot of research on this site, Medhelp.org, Avert, and others since I made my mistake, but I am still worried, and I do plan on getting tested during the month of June, 2013 (three month mark).

I welcome any and all feedback that you can provide me. My apologies for not asking you a direct question, and for my drawn out statement. I would like to thank you and the other medical professionals who are experts on this website, who answer tough questions on a daily basis with caring, support, expertise, and science based knowledge. Thank you for taking the time to read my message. Thebody.com is a great website!

Thank you,

M.

Hi First, this is what we are here for!!! So I'm glad to hear you find this forum helpful.

Secondly, oral sex carries THE lowest risk of HIV transmission. Even from what you have described the risk of HIV transmission is very small. For transmission to occur if she were to be positive is for her to have blood or open sores in her mouth and you to open sores on your penis. The bumps not being open do not create a risk.

Third, humans are sexual beings and calling your encounter a "mistake" is not necessary. What is necessary is that you learn from this experience and take the knowledge onto your next experience. Know how to protect yourself and questions to ask. Getting tested is a good idea for everyone! Everyone should know their status so yes get tested but I feel comfortable saying that getting HIV from your experience carries a very very small risk.

Need your advice
opportunitic infection or regular flu