The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Need your advice

Mar 9, 2013

About 2 months ago I have protected sex but unprotected oral sex (which Im aware that having oral sex is low risk to getting infected to HIV), He and I where in a hotel room stood the night and next morning when I woke up I wipe myself with a blaket around my viginal area, Now I cant help to think that I can be infected do to now I am starting to feel a bit ill coughing stuffy nose but soreness and shorten mentral cycles. Do you think this can be the cause of that? Like I mention I wipe with a blanket thinking it was a towel but Im not sure if there is a risk of me contracting the virus that way. Should I get test right away now since it has been 4 months since this happend

Please advice. Thank you in advance.

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi You are correct about oral sex carrying the lowest risk of HIV transmission and having protected vaginal sex protects you against HIV, but you have to remember there are many other sexually transmitted infections out there that all cannot be prevented from happening from wearing a condom. I would recommend that you follow up with a health care professional if your symptoms continue, which would include HIV testing. Getting HIV from contact with sheets, blankets, towels etc....does not pose a risk for HIV transmission. HIV begins to die once it leaves the body is unable to infect.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

am i in risk?
Uncircumcised: oral sex.

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint