Re: Scared from possible exposure

I had thought that HIV could only get in a would if there was access to the blood stream. I'm my situation the skin was hanging off with no blood when the cat got me last night. I know I touched somethings at work but I didn't notice any blood or other fluids on the items. (I never came into direct contact with someone, just picking up a paper they touched or a marker) I am just nervous because I didn't notice the cut till this morning when it was exposed for a couple hours at work before I put a band aid on it. I feel like my OCD is getting the better of me.

Scared from possible exposure Mar 8, 2013 I wanted to know if I am at risk (possible exposure) my cat cut my finger last night it was a little deep but didn't bleed just skin hanging off. Is it possible for hiv to get into the cut 8 hours later or am I fine since it didn't bleed? Please answer I have high anxiety.

Hi If the wound is deep and still bleeding or just hasn't closed and you come into contact sexually with someone who has HIV then yes it could pose a risk. But just having the wound does not increase your risk of HIV transmission there has to be a direct exchange of body fluid for HIV transmission to be a risk.

Hi It is true that HIV needs direct access into the body and from you situation there is no way for HIV to be contracted.

You are HIV free from this experience.

Scared from possible exposure
am i in risk?