Risk of hiv after a sexual assault

Hi there! One of my friends was recently sexually assaulted after her drink was drugged at a concert. Since she was drugged she has no recollection of the evening or what happened. She woke up in the morning with the feeling down there that she had sex. I asked her if she had gone to the police and she said that she didn't. (I wish that she did to possibly identify him but she didn't) she went to the doctor a week later which explains why they did not offer the pep. (I was originally upset about that until I realized the time frame) I was wondering what her odds were if the rapist were to have hiv from this one incident. I told her the conclusive test is at 3 months and she said she didn't want to think about it. I told her to give it some time but she should get tested. I'm just wondering how high her risk is. Thank you, I greatly admire all of your work. You guys have inspired me to do my own work volunteering for hiv and other stds after an hiv scare I had a month or so ago. Blessings <3

Hi I'm sorry to hear that your friend has gone through this and she does really need to be tested not just for HIV but all the other sexually transmitted infections out there. In the long run they can all consequences on her health. Not knowing whether or not the intercourse was protected she really does need to received evaluation from her health care provider. It is easier to get a handle on things sooner rather than later and not get sick and then have to receive treatment. It is also important for any future partners she may have to know her status.

I hope she is able to follow up with a health care provider for evaluation.

Shannon

please you can answer this little question about antibodies test
Scared from possible exposure