Hiv effects on blood pressure

Hiv cause blood pressure to go up high? My blood pressure has been consistently high after my exposure. Like 154/97!!! Along with many other very severe symptoms. I had unprotected vaginal sex with a very scary girl. Yes alcohol was involved. I have a beautiful girlfriend now 5 1/2 months later and I've tested negative for everything including hiv, but nothing other than hiv explains what's goin on with me. I want to resume unprotected sex with my partner but never in my life wanna infect her. All that I've read about my symptoms and high blood pressure point to late conversion. :( all I keep reading on this site and another is 90 days over and over, but yet nobody will answer if late conversion happens anymore with the antibody tests now day especially since I tested negative for everything else. 1) am I ok to sleep with my girlfriend 2) reliability of antibody test way after "90" days more like 195 days. 3) I dunno what else to do but just cry all the time cuz this stuff is very real, not anxiety. The only mistake in my life like this, and I'm one of the .1% to not produce antibodies after a single unprotected vaginal exsposure. I have the worst luck in the world. :( :( 4) I've also had no other exsposures in between the last 6 months. I know the 6 month guideline was changed to 3 in 2004, but has anybody tested positive past 6 months since 2004? I was in good health and very energetic before the incident. I've had 5 hiv tests last being 190 something days after that horrible nite. :(

Hi A couple things, first, the testing guidelines for HIV testing is to be initially tested at 3 weeks and then again at 90 days, as long as there were no other exposures during this time than the results are conclusive. Meaning your negative test at 195 days means that you are HIV free. My thought regarding your blood pressure, could be from the stress you have placed yourself under worrying about the exposure. There could also be other reasons for your blood pressure running high but HIV is not one of them. You are HIV free!

If your symptoms continue I would recommend that you follow up with your health care professional for evaluation.

re: vaginal discharge
Sorry to bother!