infected by licking an open bleeding cut
Mar 7, 2013
If I'm HIV+ an I had a small cut that was bleeding an my son licked it is he at risk.
Response from Mr. Cordova
Transmission would be unlikely. HIV is not readily transmitted via the mouth. In addition, the virus starts to die the moment it leaves the body. While I would not be concerned, it might be a good idea to have your son tested in 90 days - just to be safe. I'm confident the result will be negative.
In the future, don't let anyone lick your bleeding wounds.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Tongue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sore On Mouth During Seroconversion
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Groin Pain After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.