Is 12 week HIV Negative test conclusive
Mar 7, 2013
I had sex with a lady and the condom broke. I did not realize till after. I had a 4th generation test at 10 days that was negative and I had a regular test at 6 weeks and another at 12 weeks that were both negative. Should I keep testing or is the 12 week test suffice. thank you in advance for your input.
Response from Mr. Cordova
12 weeks is not quite 90 days. 90 days is considered conclusive. I would not expect a negative result at 12 weeks to change to positive at 90 days. I do not think you need to retest for this incident.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
- Does Cervical Cancer Cause Pain?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.