How soon should i test?

1)I am a male and I have had multiple female partners for the last ten years .But always I have used a condom.I do not recollect any accidental tear of condom.My last encounter was two days ago.How soon after this or how late after this should i test?And how frequently after that,assuming I will change my sexual behavior? (2)What exactly is the test I must do.I hear several different names (3) Are Home test kits any good at all? Where do I get them?I live in India.

Response from Mr. Cordova

Hi there:

You must wait 90 days before you can get a conclusive negative result. Congratulations on always using condoms. That's one of the best ways to stay HIV negative!

Since you used a condom, I do not think you need to test for this incident in particular, but I do think you should start testing for HIV and all other STD's at least once a year, and preferably every six months. It's always good to know your status. Plus, some STD's like Syphilis are transmitted via skin-to-skin contact. Using a condom helps reduce the likelihood of transmission, but it does not eliminate it.

FDA approved home tests are very accurate at 90 days or later. I am not sure what tests have been approved in India. I would suggest a general Google search for local community centers or other places where you might be able to get tested for free, and within 20 minutes. I hope this helps.

In health,

Richard

6 week HIV Duo negative, feeling weakness in legs
oraquick home results