My brain tells me I'm OK, my guts are not convinced...
Mar 7, 2013
A friend of mine was recently diagnosed HIV+. Upon hearing this I tried to recap what sexual activities we had engaged in to see whether there was any cause for concern on my part.
Here's the list :
- We deeped kissed and our salivas thus got mixed.
- I penetrated him with a condom that did not break.
- I rimmed him just after he'd had a shower and although I did push my tongue a bit inside his anus everything was dry and there was no discharge or seepage of any kind (as far as I could tell).
- I sucked him without condom but I spat out my own saliva every now and then ( every minute or so). He did not come in my mouth but some precum might have oozed out of his penis and I might have swallowed it in case some of my saliva made its way down my throat.
- He sucked me without condom and swallowed my semen.
How would you assess the risks that I might have been contaminated ? Like I said in the title of this message my brain tells me I should be OK but my guts are rather scared.
Thanks a lot.
Response from Mr. Cordova
The risk of transmission was low in this case. If you are concerned, you can test 90 days from the incident. Any testing done at 90 days or later is considered conclusive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.