The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

afraid plz help

Mar 7, 2013

Dear doctors amd ready for a donation to the foundation.please make my mind clear am really tensed and afraid due to the fear i posted somany times and didnt even get a reply. Dr i had a vaginal intercourse with a csw on nov 30 uncircumsised and during the intercourse the condom slipped and may b the vaginal fluids touched my innerforeskin.later i had a white patch on the innerforeskin which went off leaving dark marks..after 1month i had fatigue..mild headaches and i can feel ma lymph nodes on my neck and armpits. I didnt had a fever or anything..and the neck is getting pained all the times.even after 93days after the incident am havibg the pain in the neck. Does it seem to be due to hiv? What are the odds in getting infected in this incident?

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Because of the condom slipping and we know the risk does increases slightly for someone who is uncircumcised I would recommend testing. The guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks and then again at 90 days. As long as there are no other exposures during this time then the results are conclusive. You need to also remember that there are other sexually transmitted infections out there that you need to be concerned about as well. With having symptoms I would recommend following up with your health care professional for evaluation.

Be well, Shannon

Precum and Oral Play
Exposure Risk (Please Help very scared)

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint