hiv test question
Mar 7, 2013
According to this site you say to test at 3 weeks and 90 days. What test should be done at 3 weeks? An antibody or a dna test? I'm confused. Thank you
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines I give for 3 weeks and 90 days is for the antibody test. PCR is also a way for testing but even with that I always recommend the 3 week and 90 day testing.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Stinging Pain?
- Is Night Sweats A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.