Condom and testing

Dear Shannon,

Reading some of your latest answers, I realize that you probably find that it's necessary to have HIV testing in cases that condom is correctly used and does not break, slip or fall. So, I'm quite confused... The question is: have I correctly understood?

Thank you

Hi Sorry for any confusion, wearing condoms gives you the best protection against HIV transmission. I never feel comfortable stating a guarantee. Because we know that things happen and if I were to say I guarantee HIV transmission will not occur if condoms are used and then that less than 1% person becomes infected, what do you think they would say to me! "you told me that it was a guarantee"

So yes, wearing condoms is your best protection against HIV and for someone to truly know their status I always recommend testing.

Should I get tested?
Hiv and Pap smears????