HIV from HIV box?

Hello Ms Southall!

So basically I bought an OraQuick HIV test from Walgreens, where it was just sitting out on the shelf. Later I was reaching for something in my backpack and sliced my finger open on the corner of the box.

It bled a good deal and when I got it stop, I began to worry about this being a possible HIV risk, seeing as someone who was HIV+ could've handled the box before I did (because it was an HIV test box).

I asked on this wonderful sight it this was a risk, and got a pretty solid no, the incident was not a risk. So I gratefully accepted the good news and for the most part moved on.

Until now. Three Weeks and Two Days later I have become sick. Almost exactly three weeks, as in the dead center of the 2-4 week window that ARS symptoms usually appear.

And for that reason I am again worrying. So my question is, was the cut from the HIV Test Box absolutely a zero percent not in a million years Raiders winning the SuperBowl absolutely not possible risk for transmission?

Thanks for the answer. (BTW the "ARS" symptoms I have probably wrongly self-diagnosed myself with are very congested nose, and a very mild sore throat)

Thanks again!

HI You cannot get HIV in this manner. Even if someone with HIV handled the box prior to you there would have to be fresh blood on the box. The timing does not allow for HIV transmission to occur. HIV begins to die once it leaves the body and is unable to infect.

You are HIV free from handling the box.

Help me pleasee!
more than 3 times asking!