Hiv antibody test 7 weeks
Mar 7, 2013
Hello doctor, please clarify how conclusive is test after 7 weeks post incident? What is my percentage of negative result?
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks then again at 90 days as long as there are no other exposures during this time then the results are conclusive. You are on the right track with testing and at 7 weeks it is a good sign but you need to get your next test at the 90 day mark.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Precautions Can You Take If Someone Has Herpes?
- What If My Herpes Culture Came Back Negative?
- What Happens If You Have Gonorrhea For A Year Without Treatment?
- What Does Herpes Do To The Spine?
- What Are The Causes Of Recurring Shingles?
- What Is The Quickest Way To Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.