dr shannon, pls clear the doubt
Mar 6, 2013
i am male 25 my body can develop antibodies in 90 days ? can i get conclusive result at 90 days ? in my city in clinic only have hiv 1/2 antibody test this test is ok for 90 days? pls answer to me thank you .
Response from Ms. Southall
Hi The guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure then again at 90 days, if there have been no other exposures during this time then the results are conclusive.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Macrobid Cure Chlamydia?
- Can You Get Genital Warts In Your Mouth?
- Does Wart Remover Work For The Genital Warts?
- What Parts Of The Body Are Affected By Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.