Please help!!!

I had sex with a prostitue and used a condom. It did not break or fall off. I had a dna pcr test 4 days after and it came back negative. It's now been over 2 weeks and I feel like my lymph nodes in my neck are a little swollen but have no sore throat. I have lot and lots of anxiety and it is driving me crazy!! I'm I ok and can I stop worrying or should I be concerned.

Hi Having protected sex is the best way to prevent HIV transmission and the guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks and then again at 90 days as long as there are no other exposures during this time the results of the test are conclusive. The thing to remember is that HIV is not the only sexually transmitted infection out there to watch out for. I would encourage you to see your health care professional for a full evaluation. But again with using a condom the likelihood of HIV transmission is very small.

3 week test
Can't sleep help!