Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Shannon help me we have spoke before
Mar 5, 2013

Hope you are feeling better. I have some questions and I need you assesment. I am a 32 year old male married and with the same women for 9 years and we have only been with each other with no doubt. I had a protected encounter with a csw in a message parlor and the condom did not break or at least I do not remember the codom breaking. I have been having major hiv anxiety. So here are my questions. If I had untreated hiv for 9 years would it be likely I would have been sick by now. Also my wife has been pregnant twice and tested more than 4 times and all negative including the most recent in november. Is it likely after 9 years of unprotected sex she would have had it by now (she knows how crazy I am) and my last question is that on this website it says in the stages of hiv section that people with untreated hiv will have no symptoms but the damage will show on routine blood tests. So what damage are they talking about. The reason I am interested in this is because I had a cbc recently and everything was normal and my doctor said that If I had untreated hiv for 9 years my counts would be a mess in particular my white count. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi Having protected sex was obviously the best way to prevent HIV transmission. Everyone's body responds differently to HIV and it is always not passed on to partners but yes if you were to have HIV transmission after 9 years would be highly likely and having your wife have test come back negative is a good sign. I would encourage you to be tested so you have peace of mind and if for some reason your test does come back positive you can protect your wife from future possible transmission. But again I believe all the signs are showing that you are HIV free.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
Do i need testing for this?
Next
Please Answer - Hiv Test Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.