Late stage Symptoms, still negative?

Mrs. Southall,

I had relatively high risk exposure, both unprotected oral and insertive anal sex with a man whose status is unknown. 2 weeks later I experienced classic ARS symptoms, including apthous ulcers and oral thrush.

I had a negative PCR DNA test at 23 days, and negative EIA tests at 14, 71, 86, and 122 days.

My oral thrush is still present and about 5 months later and is not responding to treatment. Moreover, I started to develop a body rash on my trunk, that has been present for over a month.

Can I consider myself negative despite my symptoms? Should I continue testing out to 6 months or get a PCR RNA test?

Hi With having unprotected sex you did the right thing with starting the testing process. The testing guidelines for HIV testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks and then again at 90 days and as long as there have been no other exposures during this time the test results are conclusive. There is a very small percent of the population that can test positive at 6 months, but having negative test results and negative PCR test I believe that from this exposure you are HIV free.

Be well and please wear condoms!!! and be safe,

Shannon

Please help unprotected sex and rapid test
Do i need testing for this?