|Hello, Do I need to test?
Mar 4, 2013
I had sex one time only with a girl and she told me that she tests every 6 months and she does not have HIV but I don't trust her. I used a condom and there was only a 2 minute vaginal penetration. I checked the condom by filling it with water after sex and it had no problem and it did not break neither slipped. Do I need to test for this particular exposure?
| Response from Ms. Southall
Hi You had protected sex and this is the only way outside of abstinence that you can protect yourself against HIV. HIV transmission occurs when there is a direct exchange of body fluid, wearing a condom gives you the best protection for this.
Be well and stay safe, Shannon
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.