Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Many times of questioning!! Please answer am i in the risk??
Mar 3, 2013

HI, i did my HIV blood prick test on 49 days/7th weeks, is the test conclusive enough? waiting for the 12th weeks to come is killing me, at least can reduce some anxiety of me. i still have some syptoms like lymph node pain at neck, tingling feet, cough, flu and most of the symptoms that show in website. usually what people said accute during week 4-6 and will last 1-2 weeks. it exactly happen to me on 4th week, and was sick about 1-2 weeks. please answer!!

Response from Ms. Southall

Hi The guidelines for testing are to be initially tested at 3 weeks post exposure and then again at 90 days as long as no other possible exposure happened during this time then the test results are conclusive. Having a negative result at the 7th week is a good sign but you do need to be tested at the 90 days mark.

Be well and stay safe, Shannon

Previous
very worried pls help
Next
Mixed Status Couple

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.